Filmmaking and Engagement Strategy
GroundSpark is now sharing our expertise on how to maximize the impact of social issue documentary films with other filmmakers.
We serve as strategic thought partners to help filmmakers craft high quality, high impact documentaries, develop their pool of individual donors, and expand their distribution, organizational collaborations, and earned income.
- mentoring and providing creative counsel on all phases of the filmmaking process;
- designing and monitoring a comprehensive strategic plan to expand film distribution;
- helping build and utilize an individual donor program to underwrite film distribution;
- providing editorial feedback on fundraising proposals, curriculum guides, and marketing materials;
- securing partnerships with national, regional, and local organizations whose missions will be enhanced by a film’s wide distribution;
- expanding social media presence;
- increasing media reviews.
How it Works
After an initial consultation, we develop a tailored scope of work based on each film’s needs. We set up an initial three-month contract during which time GroundSpark helps filmmakers to see concrete results in their production plans, fundraising, sales, media reviews, social media presence, and organizational partnerships. Filmmakers can then opt to expand the contract or continue the work on their own.
Read Me Differently directed by Sarah Entine. Reveals the strain of misunderstood learning differences on family relationships. An estimated 15–20% of the current U.S. population has dyslexia, and 4.5 million children have been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
SPLIT directed by Ellen Bruno. A deeply personal film that explores the effects of divorce on children. A must-see for all young people whose parents are separating, and essential viewing for caregivers, mental and social health providers, educators, and legal advocates.