It’s STILL Elementary
It’s STILL Elementary presents a moving story about the power to ignite positive social change through documentary film and grassroots organizing. It examines the incredible impact of It’s Elementary—Talking About Gay Issues in School over the last decade, and follows up with teachers and students featured in the first film to see how lessons about LGBT people changed their lives.
It’s STILL Elementary also documents the story behind the controversial PBS broadcast of It’s Elementary and the infamous right-wing attacks on the film and its creators. It’s STILL Elementary is a call to action for parents and educators to continue working for safe, inclusive schools.
The It’s STILL Elementary DVD includes the original full-length film, It’s Elementary, and the 37 minute educational training version. The new DVD features Spanish subtitles, closed captioning, a PDF file of the new, 136 page It’s Elementary guide to community organizing, professional development, and K-8 curriculum, and many more bonus features.
Part of The Respect For All Project.
Running Time: 47 minutes
- 78-minute full-length version of It’s Elementary
- 37-minute educator-training version of It’s Elementary
- It’s Elementary bonus features – deleted scenes and director’s interview
- 136-page It’s Elementary guide to community organizing, professional development, and K-8 curriculum
- Spanish and English subtitles