Showing Straightlaced, and using our curriculum guide, are excellent ways to implement national sexuality education standards, part of the national core curriculum mandates established in 2011.
Straightlaced can be used to addressed the following standards:
- Puberty and Adolescent Development addresses a pivotal milestone for every person that has an impact on physical, social and emotional development.
- Identity addresses several fundamental aspects of people’s understanding of who they are.
- Pregnancy and Reproduction addresses information about how pregnancy happens and decision-making to avoid a pregnancy.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases and HIV provides both content and skills for understanding and avoiding STDs and HIV, including how they are transmitted, their signs and symptoms and testing and treatment.
- Healthy Relationships offers guidance to students on how to successfully navigate changing relationships among family, peers and partners. Special emphasis is given in the National Sexuality Education Standards to the increasing use and impact of technology within relationships.
- Personal Safety emphasizes the need for a growing awareness, creation and maintenance of safe school environments for all students.
See how Straightlaced aligns with core standards.
Download this curriculum alignment.