What We Do
OUR MISSION: To create visionary films and dynamic educational campaigns that move individuals and communities to take action for a more just world.
Our films and campaigns are a mix of independent projects we initiate and commissioned projects for community clients.
We specialize in crafting strategic documentary films and distribution campaigns with ambitious social, economic, and environmental justice goals.
Working closely with movement advocates and public interest organizations, we:
- envision the structural, political, or cultural change that needs to happen;
- identify the stories and messaging that can move audiences to get involved;
- assess the best format, length, and style that will help achieve the project’s goals;
- collaborate to craft a top-notch production;
- design an audience engagement and outreach strategy that will harness the power of film to catalyze change.
We have helped stop a multinational corporation from producing the trigger to neutron bombs, catalyzed a national movement to create community land trusts, and supported lesbians and gay men to redefine the definition of “family”.
GroundSpark’s landmark program, The Respect For All Project focuses on creating schools and communities that are safe for all young people.
Through this initiative, we help youth and the adults who guide their development
- understand and nurture diverse family structures;
- change school cultures to prevent bias-related bullying;
- open up dialogue around pressures connected to gender norms and sexuality;
- create curricula that is inclusive of LGBT people and issues;
The Respect For All Project offers a comprehensive set of resources for educators and youth-service providers, including award-winning documentary films, high-quality curriculum guides, and a comprehensive workshop series for professionals and community members.